22 November, 2013

Dipole antenna-center design

A while ago I needed to make myself a new portable mulitband dipole for field use. I decided that I wanted to try twin-lead feeder, giving me an antenna similar to the G5RV. I cut out a dipole center out of some plastic I had lying around, and used strips to fasten the feeder to it. Needless to say it didn't look very good, but it worked. An excellent companion for my Elecraft KX3.



To be able to make more of those antennas, I designed a dipole center in CAD, and had it manufactured by Shapeways. I will receive the first samples in a few weeks, and will post a review when I get them.

If you want to try one for yourself, you can actually also order one directly from Shapeways here:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gisles

No comments:

Post a Comment