29 September, 2013

LA5EKA/MM QRV in the Barents Sea



I am QRV in the Barents Sea until October 8th aboard the HU Sverdrup II. Equipment is the Elecraft KX3, LA1IC 2x12.5m trap (W3DZZ) antenna and the Begali Magnetic Traveller Light. Conditions are so so, but right now there is an opening on ten to Southern Europe. 



I had forgotten to bring my KXUSB cable for this trip, so I had to make a serialcable following this pinout :
Image by Elecraft. Works like a charm. Luckily we had a bunch of serial to USB converters onboard, so I can use it with my laptop. I use Logger32 for logging by the way. 

2 comments:

  1. I am curious if you still enjoy the Bengali. I am looking at purchasing a new or used one. (KI5PGP).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Yes, very much so. It is an excellent paddle ! I haven't been active the last couple of years though, but am getting back to it later this year.

      Delete